1-4pm, Thursday 28 September 2017
The Forum Music Centre, Borough Road, Darlington, DL1 1SG
We’re really excited to announce our next round of open auditions in collaboration with Darlington Borough Council on Thursday 28 September.
We're looking to meet local actors previously unknown to Paines Plough with a passion for new writing. You can apply in pairs from now until 10am on 11 September and then we’ll select 15 pairs to see. Those who live within a 30 mile radius of Darlington will be given preference and will be allocated audition slots first, any remaining audition slots will be filled randomly. We hope this means that everyone who wants to apply is able to, and that the selection process is fair to everyone.
Sounds good? This is how to apply…
- Find yourself a partner – we’re auditioning people in pairs.
- Register by filling in this form by 10am on Monday 11 September. There’s no need to send in anything else in advance – just bring a one-page Spotlight printout or CV and headshot with you on the day.
- If you are selected to audition, we’ll get in touch with you by Tuesday 12 September with an audition time – make sure you let us know if you can make it or not.
- If you’re not selected to audition this time, we will keep you on a waiting list and may offer you an audition if a slot becomes available.
- Once everything’s confirmed, please prepare a three-minute duologue from a play written in the last 15 years.
- On the day, all you need is your Spotlight/CV printout and your partner. Break a leg!
Some things to bear in mind:
- If you have auditioned at our previous Open Auditions, unfortunately we won’t be able to see you this time round.
- We don’t accept applications from agents to give everyone a fair shot, agent or not, so if you have an agent, please apply using your own email address.
- Places are all allocated in advance. Due to high demand we normally can’t accommodate requests for a different time, and we will be unable to see people on a walk-up basis.
- If for any reason you can’t make your audition please let us know ASAP by emailing email@example.com. If you don’t turn up to your audition without letting us know in advance, you won’t be able to apply for future Paines Plough Open Auditions.
- We can only accept applications made to this form before the deadline.
- Due to the large volume of people we’ll be seeing, we unfortunately won’t be able to offer feedback.
- We aren’t casting for a particular show at the moment – we just want to meet some new actors so that we can bear you in mind for future productions. So don’t be disheartened if you don’t hear back from us after your audition.
- Check out our FAQs for more information about the application process and what to expect on the day, or ping us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re not sure about anything.
- Don’t worry if you don’t live in the area – we try to hold as many Open Auditions as we can throughout the year all around the UK. Join our mailing list or keep an eye on our social media for details of the next ones...
Hope to see you there!
Team PP x