COMPANY STAGE MANAGER
GROWTH by Luke Norris
We’re on the lookout for a friendly and dedicated Company Stage Manager on the book to go on tour with GROWTH and Team PP this year. Must be able to drive a van. Could it be you?
About the play:
A Paines Plough production
GROWTH by Luke Norris
“It’s a lump in a bag of lumps. It’s fine.”
Tobes is young, free and having a ball. Off.
He’s successfully ignored his lump for two years but it’s starting to get in the way - cramping his style and, worse, affecting his sex life. So now there are pants to be dropped, and decisions to be made… It’s a real ball ache.
A comedy about growing up and manning up from critically acclaimed writer Luke Norris (SO HERE WE ARE, Royal Exchange; GOODBYE TO ALL THAT, Royal Court).
Winner of a prestigious Fringe First Award at the 2016 Edinburgh Festival Fringe, GROWTH embarks on its second national tour.
Dates: 29 August – 22 October 2017
29 August – 09 September: Rehearsals, Paines Plough HQ
10 September: Load pre rig, Garage Theatre, Norwich
11 September: Tech, Garage Theatre, Norwich
12 September: Tech, Dress & Preview, Garage Theatre, Norwich
13 September – 22 October: UK Tour
To support the Director and manage the GROWTH company during rehearsals and on tour ensuring the efficient running of the rehearsal room and productions in tech and performance, and the well-being of the company. To manage all the fit up and strike at each venue and to call and operate all performances on the GROWTH tour.
Key responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- To source and buy any props and costume for the productions as requested by the Director within the budgets and parameters agreed with the Producer.
- To strictly monitor and adhere to the weekly schedules as provided by the Producer.
- To ensure that all set, costume and props are kept in a tidy, clean and orderly manner and to replace any consumable items within the budgets and parameters agreed with the Producer.
- To drive a van on tour.
- To manage all the fit up and strike at each venue.
- To ensure that all working and public areas are kept tidy and clear of waste material and that equipment is maintained to a safe and proper standard.
- To ensure that all work undertaken on the set, props and furniture etc. is completed to the high standards agreed with the Producer.
- To cover the running and/or operating of the production whilst on the road.
- To liaise and co-operate with all other departments and individuals within Paines Plough.
- To act as a credible ambassador for the company at all times.
- To adhere to the Health and Safety Policy of the company, undertaking such duties as are required, and ensuring that reasonable care is taken to ensure a healthy and safe working environment.
- To undertake any other appropriate duties which may be allocated by the Producer.
- To be in attendance at post-show discussions, press/photo calls and interviews for the Insights programme as notified.
- To deliver rehearsal and show reports for the production to producers and the creative team.
- To support and manage the company during rehearsals, production and on tour.
- Previous experience of the role, preferably within a similar-sized production company or venue.
- Able to drive and hold a full UK Driving License.
- Demonstrable ability to perform the duties listed above.
- An organised yet flexible approach and calm under pressure.
- Dedicated and committed with excellent focus and organisational skills.
- Ability to be creative and resourceful in problem solving.
- Proven ability to work within allocated budgets.
- A working knowledge of the ITC/Equity Subsidised Repertory Agreements.
- Awareness and experience of health and safety legislation and practice.
- Experience of and ability to operate QLab and creating QLab files.
- A good level of technical experience including re-lighting.
- Good team player.
- First Aid trained.
£458.00 wage per week during rehearsals.
£458.00 wage plus £288.75 allowance per touring week, in line with ITC minimum rates of pay.
How to apply:
To apply please email a CV and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: GROWTH CSM APPLICATION
Application deadline: Monday 10 July at 10am
Interview dates: Monday 17 July, time TBC
Please note you must be available on the interview date.
Paines Plough is committed to being an equal opportunities employer.